“Caveat emptor! – Note from Tricksupply.com to allow the buyer make an informed decision!
Here at Tricksupply we brought two units in to look at it. Like many here I like the idea that you can remove one hand. I like Eric Bedard’s idea on how to achieve this.
I was worried that one of the first items Eric goes into on his explanatory video is how to reinforce the gimmick with superglue. This seems odd to me for two reasons:
1) If I spent this much money I would like to get something that lasts
2) The gimmick is made from metal and superglue does not usually work well with metal on metal especially if the area where the glue would have to join the pieces has very little surface.
After watching the video I open the first gimmick and it fell right apart. I then even more gingerly tried the second one and after three careful tries it broke at the weld.
So my opinion is this: The idea is good and has legs, but if the first thing you have to mention in the instructions is how it should be reinforced then you should have spent more time at the drawing table before rushing this crap to market. I am sending these back to the distributor and will be adding a note on the website so at least a buyer can make an informed decision.
Tricksupply.com – Wolfgang Wollet”
A STAGE ILLUSION NOW A CLOSE-UP ILLUSION
Eric Bedard created his original suspenZ 25 years ago. During that time, he shared it with a very small handful of professional magicians who have been performing it in their act.
Recently VORTEX magic approached Eric and together created an updated machined gimmick that allows you to perform incredible suspensions from your hand.
Use ANYTIME in your act –
A variety of ways to use this gimmick…
SUSPEND A DECK OF CARDS
SUSPEND BUSINESS CARDS
SUSPEND CREDIT CARDS
suspenZ allows for THREE amazing moments.
1) You spread the cards between your hands further than your normally could.
2) You take one hand away and the cards remain suspended.
3) You can reach over and take out a chosen card, and then hand the deck out.
START AND END CLEAN
COMES COMPLETE WITH:
SPECIAL MACHINED GIMMICK
– Learn how to use the gimmick
– Variations on suspensions
– How to care for your gimmick
LEARN TWO EFFECTS – Chosen card from suspension and BLANK DECK suspension