Book III is considerably larger than volumes I and II, coming in at 411 pages, packed with 333 photographs and posters, most of which have never been published. As before, it is printed in full color on matt art paper with the now customary endpapers featuring a dramatic display of all 24 letters. The authors and recipients of these letters represent a veritable who’s who of the magic world including Chefalo, Cecil Lyle, John Mulholland, Neil Foster, Jane Thurston, Senator Crandall, Lewis Ganson, George Boston, H. Adrian Smith, Ira Davenport, Harry Houdini, Okito, Francis Martinka, Milbourne Christopher, Carl Rosini, Charles Carter, Howard Thurston, Harry Kellar and so many more.
By turning these columns into a book the author has been able to:
• Include many additional posters, photos, programs, newspaper clippings, etc., that didn’t appear in the original magazine articles.
• Print the images in a larger format.
• Add additional information and annotations to each letter.
• Reproduce every page of the original letter in a size that can be read.
• Make corrections that have come to light since the original publication.
• Include a complete index for the entire book and a bibliography for each letter.
All of the added graphic material makes it feel like you are reading these articles for the first time. It’s the perfect gift for anyone who loves the art of magic. 411 pages, 6 by 9 inches, fully indexed, with beautiful full-color end-sheets.